Astris PME is a business that only exists to service those with special needs, their families and carers, and to support healthcare professions that also serve these clients. Therefore, the health and wellbeing of our staff, clients, healthcare professionals and our communities is our highest priority.
At the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, we introduced several measures to keep everyone safe. As an 'Essential Service’, we remain committed to improving lives and assisting wherever possible in the continued delivery of services, safely.
- To date, 91% of Astris PME staff have had at least one shot (49% double dose), and another 7% booked in for their first shot. We require all our staff to be vaccinated (at least one shot) by 1 Oct.
- All our facilities (showrooms, offices, workshops, warehouse, etc) strictly adhere to Government Health Regulations and protocols. Each of our facilities undergo regular cleaning by professional organisations, which includes virus-grade disinfectant.
- All staff are following our company safety policy with reminders about maintaining high levels of hygiene standards at all times. Staff who have direct contact with clients will also use hand sanitising gel for use before and after all appointments and maintain a safe distance where possible. They are also empowered to make the decision whether to go ahead with a visit if they suspect any risks of infection.
- Face-to-Face appointments are defered in the following situations:
- If anyone at the place of appointment has tested positive to COVID.
- If anyone at the place of appointment is currently in isolation due to potential exposure to COVID.
- if any of our staff, clients, their family/carer or therapists are showing any flu-like symptoms or with temperatures 38°C or above. Our Client Service Team make this enquiry at the time of booking the appointment, and if necessary reschedule their appointment.
- The World Health Organisation considers that the risk of transmission via product surfaces is low however, all our trial equipment undergo disinfectant wiping down after each trial, using medical grade disinfectant wipes.
- We have been doing zero-contact deliveries (ZCD). This means we can “hand-over” your new equipment outdoors (for example on your drive-way)
You can view our COVID-safe Appointment options in full HERE.
As always, the situation with COVID is constantly changing. We are guided by information provided by the Australian Government. For the most up-to-date information on coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Australian Government Department of Health http://bit.do/fAjAc. Or call 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We thank you for your support.