Astris PME is a business that only exists to service those with special needs, their families and carers, and to support healthcare professions that also serve these clients. Therefore, the health and wellbeing of our staff, clients, healthcare professionals and our communities is our highest priority.
As we head into this year’s flu season and the growing threat of COVID-19, we must increase our vigilance and protective measures.
To help support our mission, we have introduced several health measures to keep you safe:
1. We will not proceed with any appointment where the client, their family / carer, or the therapist are showing any flu-like symptoms. Our Client Service Team are making this enquiry at the time of booking the appointment, and asking clients to reschedule at a later date, should this be the case.
2. All our facilities (showrooms, offices, workshops, warehouse, etc) are now “hand-shake free zones”, and we have installed extra hand-sanitiser units. Each of our facilities are undergoing regular cleaning by professional organisations, which includes virus-grade disinfectant.
3. The World Health Organisation considers that the risk of transmission via product surfaces is low however, all our trial equipment undergo disinfectant wiping down after each trial, using medical grade disinfectant wipes.
4. All staff are following our company safety policy with reminders about maintaining high levels of hygiene standards at all times. Staff who have direct contact with clients will also use hand sanitising gel for use before and after all appointments. They are also empowered to make the decision whether to go ahead with a visit if they suspect any risks of infection.
5. Extra measures are being implemented, so office staff have the option to work from home, in the event of them not feeling well or encountering any 3rd party that is showing signs of COVID-19.
Naturally, this situation is evolving, and we are guided by information provided by the Australian Government. For the most up-to-date information on coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Australian Government Department of Health http://bit.do/fAjAc. Or call 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We thank you for your support.