During these uncertain times, we remain committed to improving lives and assisting wherever possible in the continued delivery of services, whilst working hard to keep our staff, clients and community safe.
The ongoing need for assistive technology equipment is just as important now during the COVID pandemic as it ever was. When you need everyday assistance with the use of assistive technology equipment, there's nothing worse than having to wait for an extended time. That's why we are making every effort to fast-track the process, so your equipment gets to you - when you need it. As an 'Essential Service’, Astris PME has full government support to continue our service to you!
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
- You can secure your NDIS funding! We can process your orders more efficiently if we maintain our usual process of appointments, trials and quotes which are necessary for the funding of your equipment*.
- You can avoid delays! Holding back from trials or appointments will add unnecessary extensions on lead times for the delivery of your new equipment.
- You have options! We are providing options for you to choose how you interact with us and ensure that everyone is safe.
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE?
1. We have moved some staff off site (WFH).
2. We have increased the cleaning of our equipment and facilities. This includes medical grade disinfectant.
3. All Product Specialists have been supplied extra PPE and cleaning equipment, incl: wipes, gloves, masks, spray, etc.
4. Social Distancing is still the best defence against COVID cross-infection; we keep our distance from other people as much as possible.
5. Our staff “stay local”, meaning we have cut out physical interaction between branches.
6. We offer options for appointments to keep everyone safe. Options include:
a) We can meet at our rooms, at your home, school, hospital, your clinic room, etc.
b) We can do zero-contact deliveries (ZCD). This means we can “hand-over” your new equipment outdoors (for example on your drive-way).
c) We can do product demonstrations and interviews via video conference and also check out our showrooms and equipment.
d) We can join appointments at your place when the therapist joins via Telehealth from their office.
7. Note that we obviously must defer Face-to-Face appointments in the following situations:
a) If anyone at the place of appointment has tested positive to COVID.
b) If anyone at the place of appointment is currently in isolation due to potential exposure to COVID.
c) Where the client or therapist has flu like symptoms (we do temperature tests and defer appointments where anyone’s temperature is 38°C or above).
For more information on appointment options: https://www.astris-pme.com.au/news/astris-pme-appointment-options.
Keeping healthy both physically and mentally is obviously the number 1 priority right now, and we are here to support you so please don’t hesitate to reach out.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have and can assist you with available options.
STAY HEALTHY, STAY CALM AND STAY 'NEGATIVE' WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!
*Based on the completion of relevant documentation required for NDIS funding approval.