During these uncertain times, we remain committed to improving lives and assisting wherever possible in the continued delivery of services, whilst working hard to keep our staff, clients and community safe.
As an 'Essential Service’, Astris PME has full government support to continue our service to you!
We are changing the way we do business to provide alternative approaches for safe, practical delivery of our services to you, and rest assured we are doing everything we can to make life easier for you.
YES – we are still doing trials and product demonstrations
YES – we are still producing quotes for you to send to NDIS
YES – we are still building client equipment
YES – we are still delivering new equipment
What does this mean for you?
- You can secure your NDIS Funding! We can process your orders more efficiently if we maintain our usual process of appointments, trials and quotes which are necessary for the funding of your equipment*.
- You can avoid delays! Holding back from trials or appointments will add unnecessary extensions on lead times for the delivery of your new equipment.
- You have options! We are providing options for you to choose how you interact with us and ensure that everyone is safe.
*Based on the completion of relevant documentation required for NDIS funding approval.
OPTION 1: FACE TO FACE
We will attend any face-to-face appointment, trial or delivery as long as you can answer ‘YES’ to these questions:
- All attendees are well (no flu-like symptoms).
- No-one at the appointment location has had exposure to COVID-19.
- We can physically gain easy access to the appointment location.
OPTION 2: PARTIAL WEB
Where the therapist is unable to attend the appointment in person, we can take responsibility for them to join us via the Astris PME Live Appointment App. This means you will have an Astris PME Specialist Product Consultant with you and also have access to your therapist remotely.
OPTION 3: FULL WEB
Where necessary, product overviews, product training and general consultations can take place with all attendees joining the
Astris PME Live Appointment App.
OPTION 4: ZERO CONTACT DELIVERY (ZCD)
As part of our commitment to give you a wide range of options for appointment (new trials and deliveries), we have introduced the option of Zero-Contact Deliveries (ZCD). You may request a Zero-Contact Delivery for the delivery of all non-complex equipment. We cannot do an In-Person Delivery when there is any contagious illness in the house of the client, so a ZCD is a great option. Here is how it works:
- Request a ZCD when speaking to your therapist or Astris PME Appointment Scheduler.
- When the delivery is made, your Astris PME Product Consultant will bring the equipment to your location, position it at the entry (or point as specified by you), step back 3-4 meters (as practical), and phone you.
- You can then come to the door, retrieve your equipment, and ask your Astris PME Product Consultant any questions about the set up and use of the equipment as required.
- Once you are satisfied, you can take your new equipment inside, and the Astris PME Product Consultant will leave your premises.
- Should you have further questions later, you can always speak to our team on 1300 131 884.
We are unable to provide Zero-Contact Delivery for equipment that will require a significant level of fitting or adjustment during the delivery. If this is the case, we recommend:
- If the client, their family/carer are all well, we will proceed with an In-Person Appointment, using our COVID-19 era level of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). This can include sanitised equipment, gloves, masks, etc.
- If the client, their family member or carer are unwell, or have been in contact with COVID-19, or have been overseas in the last 30 days, and a Zero-Contact Delivery is not suitable for the equipment type, unfortunately we will need to defer the appointment to a later date.
Our experienced staff are available to provide quotes for complex seating based on photographs provided of the client in a seated position on a standard chair, in their current equipment and of the current equipment without the client in the equipment; however a face-to-face assessment and final measurements will be completed upon receipt of funding approval.
Your Specialist Product Consultant can live stream from our showroom so you can see the features and benefits of equipment. In many cases, we can still produce a quote for you, so you can apply for funding.
We assure you:
All of our Specialist Product Consultants and staff who interact with clients are cleared for good health and will not attend appointments without proper hand washing and use of hand sanitiser. To date, 91% of Astris PME staff have had at least one shot (49% double dose), and another 7% booked in for their first shot. We require all our staff to be vaccinated (at least one shot) by 1 Oct. Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) i.e. disposable gloves, masks, are available at your request. All trial equipment is sanitised with disinfectant wipes between trials.
Keeping healthy both physically and mentally is obviously the number 1 priority right now, and we are here to support you so please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and can assist you with the options outlined above.
You can download a copy of the Astris PME Appointment Options below.
Note: As an accredited NDIS Provider, Astris PME delivers support and services that help participants achieve their goals. We do not have any authority or influence with regard to NDIS assessment and approval of funding.