PME Group Pty Ltd ABN 62 630 886 887 ACN 630 886 887 (“Astris PME”)
- About this policy
This policy sets out how Astris PME Pty Ltd ACN 630 886 887 (‘Astris PME’) ABN 62 630 886 887 collects, uses, manage and discloses your personal information.
When you engage Astris PME to provide you with any goods or services, apply or complete an application for commercial credit, communicate with Astris PME through email, by telephone, in writing, participate in any of Astris PME’s promotional activities, or use any of Astris PME’s other services, including its websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. This policy is also relevant and applies to other individuals Astris PME deal with in connection with commercial credit Astris PME provide, such as guarantors and directors.
- The purpose for collecting your personal information
The kinds of personal information Astris PME may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with Astris PME. Personal information that Astris PME may collect from you includes, among other things:• name, address and contact details;
- your credit or debit account details;
- user ID’s and passwords;
- any goods or services provided to you;
- records of your communications with Astris PME;
- website usage information.
Astris PME will generally collect and use your personal information for the primary purpose of:
- Astris PME’s business operations;
- effectively providing you with Astris PME’s goods and services;
- where applicable, assessing and processing an application for commercial credit, and for administrative purposes in relation to the ongoing management of your commercial credit arrangement;
- communicating with you;
- conducting, improving and developing a business relationship with you;
- direct marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving Astris PME’s website.
Your personal information is only collected by lawful and fair means and where practicable, only from you or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf. Where you have applied for commercial credit account with Astris PME, Astris PME may also make enquiries in respect of commercial credit with third parties with your consent. This could include persons nominated by you as trade references, credit reporting bodies (“CRBs”) and your bankers.
Astris PME will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to the information;
- the identity and contact details of our employee/representative collecting your personal information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide your personal information.
- How we may use and disclose your personal information
Astris PME may disclose your personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected, such as those described paragraph 2;
- assessing and processing an application for, or administrative and management of, and commercial credit account with us;
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
- to Astris PME’s related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary proposes for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to a Astris PME supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product;
- where you have consented;
- to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- for direct marketing by Astris PME, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; Astris PME includes its contact details in any direct marketing Astris PME does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
Astris PME will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
Where the Privacy Act permits Astris PME to do so, Astris PME may also disclose your credit related information (in respect of commercial credit) to CRBs such as Veda or Dunn & Bradstreet, if you apply for commercial credit or request to increase in your commercial credit limit with Astris PME.
Where Astris PME collects information that Astris PME are likely to disclose to a CRB, please note:
- the CRBs may include that information in reports provided to Astris PME to assist it to assess your creditworthiness;
- if you fail to meet payment obligations in relation to commercial credit or commit a serious credit infringement, Astris PME may be entitled to disclose this to the CRB;
Astris PME will only disclose personal information to CRBs where Astris PME is a member of a recognised External Dispute Resolution Scheme (‘EDR Scheme’). If Astris PME disclosing your personal information to CRBs, Astris PME will provide you written notice prior to that disclosure, as well as the details of the recognised EDR Scheme.
- Accurate and up-to-date information
Astris PME takes steps to ensure your personal information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to the data come to its attention. Astris PME disregards information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
- Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit the Astris PME website or use an application on the Astris PME website, Astris PME may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Astris PME also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Astris PME website, but the website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
- Marketing and Opting-Out
Astris PME may use your personal information for:
- promoting and marketing of its current and future products and services;
- informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers; and
- analysing Astris PME products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services.
Astris PME may exchange your personal information between its related entities and so they can also assist in the marketing of Astris PME products and services to you.
Astris PME will only offer you products or services, where its reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
At the point Astris PME collects information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to Astris PME using or disclosing your personal information. You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving marketing communications from Astris PME. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting Astris PME with this request.
- Security of your personal information
Astris PME protects your personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format, and by appropriate physical and communications security. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
- Dealing with unsolicited information
Astris PME takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
- Access to your personal information
Astris PME acknowledges that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected.
- Anonymity when dealing with Astris PME
Astris PME allows you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with it, only where practicable.
- Cross border disclosure
Your personal information may also be processed by, or disclosed to employees, representatives, or other third parties operating outside of Australia who work for, or are engaged by Astris PME in other countries.
Astris PME will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information (‘the Required Steps’).
The Required Steps do not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient. By supplying your personal information to Astris PME, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Required Steps do not apply.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
- Collecting sensitive information
Astris PME collects sensitive information in the form of your health information. This is permitted by law in instances where such collection is for the purpose of providing a health service. Your health information will be collected in the methods described above.
Any sensitive information will be used only for the primary purposes described above. Sensitive information will not be used for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
Astris PME does not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers) to identify individuals.
- Who should you contact for further information?
Please refer any queries or complaints about privacy issues to our:
Privacy Officer PME Group Pty Ltd PO Box 1118 YOUNG NSW 2594
Phone: 1300 131 884 Email:
- How this policy changes
This policy may change from time to time. A current version of this policy will be published on Astris PME’s website or may be obtained free of charge upon request.
Updated November 2018